"For whatever things were written before were written
for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the
Scriptures might have hope."
Romans 15:4 (NKJV)
Berean Baptist Church began as the Fenton Road Mission in 1924 and met in the old temporary school building on the corner of Waldman and Fenton in Flint. Later that year, the mission bought two lots on Atherton Road. The temporary school closed and for a brief period the church had to meet in a member’s garage. In August 1929, a basement was built on the Atherton Road property. Two years later in February 1931, the Fenton Road Mission was renamed Berean Baptist Church. On August 10, 1932, the State of Michigan incorporated Berean. In 1938, the basement became too small to contain the crowd. Therefore, a building program was begun in faith to enlarge the basement and add a sanctuary on top. The new building was dedicated on January 27, 1951. On October 4, 1970, ground was broken to begin construction of the present sanctuary in Grand Blanc. The church was dedicated to the work of the Lord on Sunday, April 16, 1972. For over 70 years this church has stood for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Complete Authority of the Word of God. We desire to continue the cause of proclaiming to the world the unsearchable riches of Christ. It is our joy and privilege to serve and exalt Jesus Christ in this community.